Center for Human Sexuality Studies is Hiring
Assistant or Associate Professor in Human Sexuality Studies
BIPOC Sexualities and/or LGBTQ+ Sexualities
Tenure Track Position; Starts August 2021
Widener University is currently seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor in Human Sexuality Studies, reporting to the Director of the Center for Human Sexuality Studies and the Dean of the College of Health and Human Services. You can learn more here.
Equilibria is Hiring
We are actively hiring licensed therapists, including licensed sex therapists. You can learn more about the position and how to apply HERE.
Michigan State University School of Social Work is Hiring
The Pettaway Pursuit Foundation is Hiring
They are currently looking for a Project Assistant. You can learn more about this position, the organization, and how to apply HERE.
Are you or someone you know interested in teaching for the Center for Human Sexuality Studies?
The Center for Human Sexuality Studies (CHSS) at Widener University is currently seeking to build its pool of adjunct faculty as well as find instructors for specific courses in Fall 2020. CHSS is one of the only graduate programs in human sexuality at an accredited university in the United States. We host a number of graduate programs including various Masters of Education (MEd) in sexuality education, sex therapy, public policy, and public administration and a PhD in human sexuality. We also offer several dual degree programs – MEd/Master of Social Work, MEd/Master of Public Administration, MEd/Certified School Counseling, MEd/PsyD – as well as certificate programs in sex therapy and affirming transgender identities for therapists.
You can find more information about the classes instructors are needed for as well as how to apply here!
Boston University Seeks an Assistant Director for Mental Health Promotion
The Assistant Director for Mental Health Promotion uses a public health approach to improve the mental health of BU students and help foster a campus culture of well-being. This full-time position is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating prevention strategies that are large-scale, student-centered, collaborative, and grounded in concepts inclusion. This position also manages the departments peer education program and consults and collaborates with numerous campus stakeholders on outreach and prevention. Applicants must have:
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Health Communication, Social Work, or related field
- 3-5 years experience
Applicants are encouraged to also have:
- Excellent understanding of mental health challenges and opportunities in higher education
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Demonstrated self-starter and creative problem-solver
Anyone interested should follow this link to apply.
Haverford College Aims to Hire a PT Social Worker
Haverford College seeks to hire one (1) part time (32 hours per week/39 weeks), exempt, benefit eligible licensed or license-eligible social worker (LSW or LCSW). The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated special interest in working with late adolescents and young adults, as well as an interest in the promotion of inclusivity and social justice in their practice.
In addition to being someone with a commitment to working as a team member with CAPS staff and other student services colleagues, clinicians listen carefully, are interested in subtext, can articulate psychological complexity capably, and appreciate different views of the “good life.”
Majority Primary Function:
- Provide weekly ongoing psychotherapy to students presenting with a range of mood and anxiety disorders, including: depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia, as well as character and personality disorders. Help students to navigate interpersonal difficulties related to conflict, romance, and academic performance.
- Maintain records and responsibly manage the files of the students. Write weekly clinic notes and formulate thorough understandings of students presenting problems.
- Participate in ongoing professional development in capacities to complement and expand current CAPS services.
To Apply: Interested applicants should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Psychological-Counselor_R251.
The application deadline is Thursday March 19, 2020. Failure to include all required documents may result in failure for consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Sex Education Sales Associate
Spice2Nite is a passion boutique which has been operating out of Pennsylvania for the past 20 years. The Malvern-located organization prides itself on providing to the public information on sexual education, sexual health, and positivity. Spice2Nite is seeking an individual to fill the position of Sex Education Sales Associate. Applicants should be:
The Center for Intimate Relationships is Hiring
We seek a qualified candidate (LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Clinical Psychologist) to join our team! Current available position is full-time (25-28 client hours/wk). This is a W2, fee-for-service position, not a 1099 contractor position. Salary is based on billable hours PLUS compensation for non-clinical time. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review this document for more information on the position and the Center for Intimate Relationships.
Third Wave Fund is Hiring
Third Wave Fund is the only activist fund led by and for women of color, intersex, queer, and trans folks under 35 years old in the US.
We ensure young women, queer, and trans youth of color have the tools and resources they need to lead powerful movements, and that they have a seat at the table within philanthropy.
Third Wave supports gender and reproductive justice groups from the ground up with rapid response grants, long-term funding for emerging groups, and capacity building.
Third Wave is fiscally sponsored by Proteus Fund. Proteus Fund partners with foundations, advocates and individual donors to advance democracy, human rights, and peace.
They are currently hiring an Administrative Assistant and a Sex Worker Giving Circle Program Associate. For more information and to apply refer to their website.
The Browning School in NY is Hiring a Health & Wellness Educator
Browning seeks to hire a faculty member to teach Health and Wellness and also oversee our Service Learning Program. We seek a passionate and collaborative educator for this newly established role. This individual will be responsible for teaching a Middle and Upper School health curriculum and will work closely with the school counselor, the Dean of Student Life, the Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, the Coordinator of Character Education, the school nurse, and the Division Heads. This is a 10-month position that reports to the school counselor.Responsibilities will include:
- Teaching Health and Wellness classes in grades 6 – 9
- Directing the School’s Service Learning Program
- Overseeing Senior Projects
- Teaching classes in the Character Education Program in Lower, Middle, and Upper School
- Advising a group of 10 to 12 students in the Upper or Middle School
- Covering other duties expected of all teachers, such as study halls, lunch duty, field trips, etc.
The ideal candidate has:
- A degree in Health Education or the equivalent.
- Knowledge in mental health, sexuality, nutrition, and substance abuse prevention.
- A commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice through professional training, curriculum development, or extracurricular activities
- Experience developing lesson plans and curriculum scope and sequence for K-12 students.
- An ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team setting with other teachers, faculty, and administrators.
- Skill in facilitating and teaching groups regarding sensitive topics
Please include a personal statement, curriculum vitae, and list of references for our consideration. Please direct queries and applications to Laurie Gruhn at email@example.com.
CFAR SCEED Manager Position Open
The UNC Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) is one of twenty CFARs in the country, and is a consortium of three complementary institutions: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-Chapel Hill), Research Triangle Institute (RTI), and Family Health International (FHI). Through core facilities that provide expertise, resources, and services, the UNC CFAR offers research support to domestic and international HIV research investigators. The CFAR emphasizes interdisciplinary collaboration, and mentorship of young investigators. The primary responsibilities of the Research Associate are to manage the Office of Strategic Community Engagement Education Dissemination (SCEED) within the UNC CFAR. The SCEED Office connects the CFAR to local communities, to the media, to people living with HIV and their families, to students, to research partners and investigators, and to other universities and organizations across the country. The SCEED Office encourages public and media discussion of educational, ethical, preventive, social and health policy aspects of HIV/AIDS, and enhances the impact of research by making it accessible and sustainable. The SCEED Office Manager will aid CFAR investigators in communicating research results back to the community; participate in community events; coordinate the CFAR Community Collaboration Board; advise UNC student groups; manage the CFAR website and service request system; organize the annual AIDS Course at UNC; plan and coordinate the annual World AIDS Day Symposium; develop partnerships with community agencies; collaborate with community partners on relevant projects; serve in the National CFAR CAB Coalition; and work closely with CFAR leadership and provide support to the CFAR’s Administrative Core. The Research Associate will also work on HIV/AIDS-related research projects, grant writing, manuscript preparation and IRB documentation.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree is required. Masters degree in Public Health or related field is preferred.
Qualifications & Experience: Minimum 3 years of social and behavioral research experience; Minimum 3 years working in an outreach capacity, or with minority populations is required, in particular experience working with HIV/AIDS, African American and Hispanic populations. Proficiency in WordPress, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe software preferred.
You can apply for the position here.
Advocates for Youth is Hiring a Senior Program Manager, Sexual Health Education
The Senior Program Manager, Sexual Health Education will oversee Advocates’ cooperative agreement with CDC’s Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH), providing technical assistance, training, and capacity building support to 28 local education agencies and/or consortia (school districts) funded by DASH to advance sexual health education in high schools and middle schools. The Senior Program Manager will work collaboratively with Advocates’ Executive Vice President and Health and Social Equity Team to strengthen the effectiveness of sexual health education instructional materials and their delivery. Specifically, the Senior Manager will support school districts to: 1) Establish, adopt, and implement a skills-based health education course requirement, including sexual health education content; 2) Develop and approve a health education scope and sequence; 3) Develop, revise, or select a sexual health education instructional program; 4) Establish and maintain a School Health Advisory Council; and 5) Integrate strategies to actively engage parents in sexual health education instructional programs, among other required activities.
Please send cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no longer than three pages each), and three references by February 13, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Senior Program Manager, Sexual Health Education and last name. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until February 13.
For more information on the organization and the position feel free to review this document.
Iowa State University’s Women & Gender Studies has an open faculty position
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program at Iowa State University invites applications for an Assistant Teaching Professor position to support areas of excellence in the program with preference given to contemporary approaches to intersectionality, gender, and sexuality. The successful candidate will have a strong academic and teaching background in one or more of the following areas: gender and sexuality studies; women of color feminisms; and introduction to queer studies.
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program has a successful record in the field centered on teaching, research, and outreach to the university campus, local community, and broader society.
This position entails teaching face-to-face or online sections of courses as needed across the curriculum, in graduate or undergraduate settings, and courses in the candidate’s area of expertise. The successful applicant will also play a key role in shaping the program through curriculum development, student advising, and outreach initiatives. The teaching load for this position is 3/4 and includes a three-year contract to begin August 16, 2020.
Preference will be given to candidates who hold a Ph.D. in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, or a related field at the time of hire and have demonstrated teaching excellence in higher education.
View the position description, requirements, and application instructions on the Iowa State Job Board. Visit the University Human Resources website for description of full, competitive benefits package.
Review of Applications will begin March 15, 2020 and remain open until filled.
Iowa State University is classified as a Carnegie Foundation Doctoral/Research University-Extensive, a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), and ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top public universities in the nation. More than 35,000 students are enrolled and served by over 6,200 faculty and staff.
Iowa State University is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women, underrepresented populations, and veterans. ISU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, is dedicated to work-life balance through an array of policies, and is an NSF ADVANCE institution.
Please direct inquiries and questions to Director Ann Oberhauser (email@example.com).
UMass Dartmouth Center for Women, Gender & Sexuality is hiring
Yoga & Mediation Internship Available For Social Worker Intern
Temple’s Tuttleman Counseling Services (TCS) is looking for social work intern applications for a yoga and meditation internship program. Follow this link for the full application: https://counseling.temple.edu/social-work-yoga-meditation-internship
We ask that the social work yoga & meditation intern ideally spend three full days per week at our site. Time is spent seeing clients in varying capacities, namely in the yoga and meditation services. We anticipate the intern will participate in some of the following: co-facilitating yoga and meditation groups, inputting yoga therapy research and program evaluation data, triaging students through Walk-in Clinic, carrying a small individual caseload, and attending supervision. We have a mandatory weeklong orientation in mid-August, and then ask practicum students to start late August. This generally means there is a week between orientation and the internship’s official start date.
Upstream USA is hiring in Rhode Island
Upstream USA is a fast-growing nonprofit working to expand opportunity by reducing unplanned pregnancy in the US. Upstream partners with states to provide training and technical assistance to health centers, increasing equitable access to the full range of contraceptive options. Our transformative approach empowers patients to decide when and if they want to become pregnant, a critical step towards improving outcomes for parents and children. We are launching in Rhode Island!
- By 2024, our goal is to work with healthcare practices across four states that serve over 1 million women each year.
- Our unique approach has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, CNN, Vox and Marie Claire.
The Executive Director will be Upstream’s first hire in Rhode Island and will build and manage the state work from the ground up, the State Impact Officer play a key role in our commitment to continuous learning, in support of our programmatic efforts in Rhode Island. The Director of Partnerships and Community Engagement develops and oversees health center recruitment, partnership and community engagement strategy.
Please remember to indicate you were referred Teagan Drawbridge-Quealy if you apply!
IntraSpectrum Counseling is Hiring
For more information and to apply visit this website.
Energy is hiring a licensed therapist
Energy is located in Philadelphia. For more information on the organization, the position, or to apply be sure to review the details here.
We are looking for someone who is:
Licensed at the highest level for their degree
a seasoned clinician with significant post-graduate clinical training in their chosen theoretical orientation
Addresses clinical concerns as both personal and individual as well as politically and systemically and who can consider intimate partner violence (IPV) through a feminist framework and think about race, gender, and class in a nuanced way
Committed to ongoing education and training
An excellent verbal and written communicator who can connect comfortably with clients and professionals from a variety of backgrounds.
Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently.
Able to set and maintain warm and careful limits.
This position consists of:
Running beginner and advanced level treatment groups for abusive partners,
Conducting in-depth evaluations of new clients.
Keeping records related to client contact and writing reports for referring institutions.
Interfacing with representatives from referring institutions, communicating with clinical staff and taking thorough notes on all contacts.
Participating as a member of the clinical team in case presentations and reviews and attending individual supervision with clinical director.
Gender and Sexuality Research Study
We are currently conducting a research study that aims to develop ways to describe gender and sexuality. We are looking especially for those who fit at least one of the following categories:
- Those who research gender and/or sexuality in humans
- Those who teach gender and/or sexuality-related topics
- Clinicians/therapists/health providers who engage with gender and/or sexuality-related topics in their practice
Participants must be 18 years old or older, be comfortable with reading and writing in English, and reside in the US or Canada to participate. Mobile devices are not compatible with the software, so you must also have access to a laptop or desktop computer to complete this survey. People with visual disabilities might not be able to participate because of the visual nature of some of the materials.
Participation involves evaluating a video describing diagrams about gender or sexuality, filling out the diagrams, and evaluating the diagrams. These are drawn from “sexual configurations theory”, which was developed in our lab. We have worked to make these questionnaires and diagrams relevant to people of all gender and sexual identities. Participation takes between 35 and 60 minutes, and you will be compensated $15 after completion of the survey.
University of Minnesota Medical School
The University of Minnesota Medical School is looking to hire two postdoc fellows for the Fall 2020 semester. This two year fellowship will support a fellow to provide clinical services and conduct research in the rapidly evolving field of compulsive sexual behavior. Fellows in this position will spend 40% of their time conducting research, and 60% doing clinical work.
Applicants must have a PhD or PsyD in psychology or marriage and family therapy and be eligible for licensure in the State of Minnesota. More information on the fellowship hours, wages, and general responsibilities can be found through the link below.
The deadline for applications is December 21st, so if you’re interested in one of these fellowships, beside to apply soon!
WVU Medicine is Hiring
Social Worker – Sex Therapist position available at WVU Medicine in Morgantown, WV. We are a booming health system with an academic affiliation to West Virginia University.
This is a new position for our OB/GYN department as we are growing and working to better meet the needs of our patients. I’d welcome the chance to talk further.
To apply or for more information please contact Mariana Ford.
Autism Nova Scotia is Looking to Hire Contractors for Webinars
– Gender (sex assigned at birth, gender stereotypes, gender identity, gender expression, attraction & sexual orientation) (2 hours)
– Sexual behaviours (masturbation, penile vaginal penetration, anal sex, oral sex, cybersex, sex toys, sex play, etc) (2 hours)
– Anatomy (1-2 hours)
– Menstruation (1 hour)
– Conception & Pregnancy (30 minutes)
– Safer sex (STIs, STBBIs & Birth control) (2 hours)
– Sexual assault, abuse & harassment (1-2 hours)
– Sexual Readiness (1-2 hours)
If you are interested in being contracted for any of these areas, or would like more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
ALFA is hiring a Community Health Educator
HCV Linkage Specialist to work towards our vision of “eliminating stigma and barriers to care to create a future free of HIV.” The candidate will join a family-like work team that is passionate about advocating for our clients and reducing health inequities. ALFA offers a fast paced, family-friendly work environment, generous health and dental benefits, PTO, as well as training opportunities.
Job Summary: Promote ALFA’s services and mission to the larger community. Provide compassionate, judgement free risk reduction counseling and rapid testing services. Provide comprehensive linkage to care services for individuals seeking HCV treatment. Follow clients into care by assessing and monitoring client needs for specific health, psychological and social services, and facilitating access to services that address those needs to keep clients in medical care.
Please send cover letter and resume to Liz Ramseur – email@example.com
For more information check out the Job Description.
West Chester University is Hiring an Associate Director for the Center for Women and Gender Equality
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania’s Division of Student Affairs, recognized by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education as one of only 20 institutions nationwide as a “Most Promising Places to Work” for 2019, seeks applicants for the Associate Director of the Center for Women & Gender Equity. As the institution has experienced growth in its student population, the division has responded by creating new positions and a new staffing structure within departments, to better serve our students and create more opportunities for professional advancement.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Director of the Center for Women & Gender Equity (CWGE), the Associate Director develops co-curricular opportunities that address a wide range of issues that affect the success and well-being of women. The Associate Director will provide programmatic guidance and assessment for the development of strategic plans, goals and measurable objectives for programs and services that center the safety, equality and advancement of women and other historically marginalized groups at West Chester University (WCU). The Associate Director will support student success by promoting campus leadership and involvement, effective bystander behaviors, and the emotional and physical well-being of the WCU community, by focusing on comprehensive primary violence prevention initiatives. The Associate Director is responsible for the development and assessment of a comprehensive peer education program that includes undergraduate and graduate students. The Associate Director will develop operational practices and outcomes for the following scholarships: Charlotte W. Newcombe Scholarship, Graduate Grant, Jane Swan Scholarship, and Alice Conway Scholarship.
Upstream USA is hiring
Upstream USA is a fast-growing nonprofit working to expand opportunity by reducing unplanned pregnancy in the US. Upstream partners with states to provide training and technical assistance to health centers, increasing equitable access to the full range of contraceptive options. Our transformative approach empowers patients to decide when and if they want to become pregnant, a critical step towards improving outcomes for parents and children. Our North Carolina team is GROWING!
- By 2024, our goal is to work with healthcare practices across four states that serve over 1 million women each year.
- Our unique approach has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Atlantic, CNN, Vox and Marie Claire.
We are hiring Implementation Coaches in Raleigh and Implementation Coaches in Charlotte. The Implementation Coach supports the delivery of Upstream’s quality improvement program at health care agencies by working directly with health center support staff, guiding and mentoring them on contraceptive counseling and workflow through an on-site, at-the-elbow coaching program.
You can find the job description and more information at the links above, or via Upstream’s website. If our work interests you, but these roles are not a good fit, you can submit your resume to our general “talent pool.”
Indicate that you referred to the position by Teagan Drawbridge-Quealy as they shared the information about the openings.
North Carolina Division of Public Health Hiring a Family Planning Program Consultant
The primary purpose of the Family Planning Program Consultant is to work with state and local health department staff, community-based organizations and health care providers who work with family planning. The person in this position:
- Serves as a Family Planning and Reproductive Health program advocate; promotes statewide awareness of Family Planning issues through linkages with statewide and local organizations
- Oversees the Family Planning Media Review required of all Title X funded agencies
- Manages the Community Engagement Plan process, including quality improvement opportunities
- Participates in the development of the Title X grant applications and Requests for Applications.
- Provides training and technical assistance to internal and external partners around reproductive health
- Confers with Branch staff to plan and implement strategies to increase Family Planning program outreach in counties to include underserved populations.
HAVERFORD COLLEGE IS HIRING AN INTERIM PROGRAM COORDINATOR FOR THE WOMEN’S CENTER
- Support and help facilitate the work of Women*s Center student staff
- Collaborate with other members of the Dean’s Office as well as with affiliated offices and centers on co-sponsored initiatives and events such as trainings for staff and faculty members
- Meet regularly and mentor students interested in LGBTIQ-related initiatives as well as student affinity groups such as the QHouse, the Queer Discussion Group, and QTPOC
- B.A. required, with two – five years of experience working in higher education, community organizing, or a related field (i.e. Gender and Sexuality Studies, LGBTIQ) preferred
- Experience working with a wide range of individuals, and an astute understanding of how to create effective partnerships that draw upon the experiences and knowledges of diverse communities
- Experience building and/or facilitating programs and workshops focused on social justice education or diversity training curriculum;
- Excellent communication and time management skills, experience managing budgets and multiple projects
- Attention to detail and understanding of overarching institutional frameworks and histories in supporting the work of students, faculty, staff, and administration
Social Work p.r.n. is looking for a temporary LTC Social Worker
LTC Social Worker needed for full-time, temporary position in Philadelphia and Montgomery County.
New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is Hiring!
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is hiring a Community Liaison Consultant for their Ending the HIV Epidemic Plan. Details on how to apply and the requirements of the position can be found here. The deadline to apply is November 12th at 10pm EST.
California State University, Dominguez Hills is hiring a full-time Program Coordinator for The Women’s Resource Center
Under the general supervision of the Director of the Women’s Resource Center (WRC), the WRC Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the on-going development, implementation, and assessment of the Women’s Resource Center’s programs, resources, and services. The WRC Program Coordinator collaborates with faculty, staff, students, and off-campus partners; provides advising and student support; developing and implementing moderately complex trainings and workshops. The WRC Program Coordinator will also assist in the day-to-day operations of the WRC, to include administrative responsibilities and maintain cooperative working relationships with WRC student assistants and volunteers.
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
The application deadline is: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Berks Teens Matter Hiring Youth Health Resource Coordinator
Responsible for recruiting and sustaining groups of youth aged 13-19 in Berks County. This position also includes the opportunity to facilitate meetings with youth and provide education about relationships and adolescent sexual health. Also responsible for providing counseling, education and referrals to youth in the Health Resource Center program at the Reading High School and other community-based venues. This position will require interaction with a diverse group of high school students and facilitating school-wide campaigns.
Knowledge of best practices in youth development and engagement, teen pregnancy prevention, and adolescent sexual health and development; ability to be flexible and creative to changing priorities and emerging needs; ability to work independently to complete tasks; ability to maintain confidential information; ability to demonstrate empathy and cultural competency in working with diverse populations; ability to build professional relationships and collaborate with school staff and administration; ability to present to audiences of varying ages and abilities. Bilingual in Spanish/English is a must. Bachelor’s degree and previous experience working in counseling, health education, youth development and/or sexual health required.
Apply by November 4th, 2019.
Mail resume and cover letter to Co-County Wellness Services
PO Box 8626 Reading, PA 19603
Or email resume and cover letter to CCWS1@cocounty.org
VNA Hospice of Philadelphia Seeking Hospice Social Worker
The Social Worker for Hospice is a core member of the Interdisciplinary Team in provision of care to the patient and family. Responsibilities and duties are specifically related to relief of the social, emotional, spiritual, and financial pain experienced by patient and by the family.
VNA Philadelphia is the oldest and largest nonprofit home health, palliative and hospice provider in the region, and one of the most innovative in the nation. We are the home of the only freestanding, nonprofit, inpatient hospice unit in the Philadelphia area.
You can get more information on the position here.
The Center for Growth/Sex Therapy in Philadelphia Seeks Part-time or Full-Time Marriage Counselor/Sex Therapist
EMPLOYMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: – Conduct individual therapy, couples therapy and / or family therapy – Maintain client charts that meet all state, local, and program guidelines – Write weekly self-help tips – Answer intake line.
EMPLOYMENT SKILLS: – Must have strong couples counseling experience – Must have experience doing sex therapy, or at least a desire to learn – Strong writing skills – Sensitivity to issues of diversity
EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE: – Minimum of two years clinical experience conducting individual and couples therapy. If you are a strong therapist, we are willing to consider “green” therapists working towards licensure.
EMPLOYMENT EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: Must be a licensed mental health therapist in Pennsylvania. The position is open to masters and doctoral level professionals. For example: social workers, marriage and family therapists, counseling practitioners, psychologists.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Full time position is salaried and has medical and dental benefits as well as a retirement savings package. Part time is fee for service.
Please send your resume to:
ATTN: Alex Robboy
Center for Growth
233 S 6th Street, Suite c-33
Philadelphia P 19106
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Out Loud Seeks Full-Time Manager of Youth Programming
Live Out Loud is a non-profit organization in NYC which connects LGBTQ+ youth with positive role models and affirmative experiences through educational programming. This organization is looking to hire a new FT Manager of Youth Programming who will be responsible for creating innovative spaces, facilitate educational programs at NYC high schools multiple times per month, training and developing youth organizers and interns, etc.
With a competitive salary between $40,000 and $52,000, a benefits package, room for professional development, and a flexible work schedule, this position is great for anyone who is passionate about LGBTQ+ youth.
- Excellent leadership, program management, and community organizing skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university (a Master’s degree in Education or Social Work is a bonus)
- 2-5 years of experience in Education, Social Work, or Youth Development
- Marketing or strategic planning experience
- Facilitating experience
- Knowledge (and passion!) of LGBTQ+ community and issues
If you are interested in applying for this position, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. NOTE: Phone calls regarding this position will not be accepted.
Healing Hearts Wellness Hiring Again!
Healing Hearts Wellness, LLC takes a holistic approach to psychotherapy, seamlessly blending together various healing modalities.
Responsibilities will include providing 4-8 individual or couple’s therapy sessions, completing intake paperwork, treatment plans, and progress notes in a timely manner, and attend or co-facilitate 1-2 Community Outreach events per year.
Applicants who are Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs), Marriage and Family Therapists (MFTs), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs), or Psychologists (Psy.Ds) are preferred. Clinicians with a background in an alternative form of therapeutic practice are also preferred (yoga, yoga therapy, MBSR, mindfulness, meditation, dance, art, music, EMDR, biofeedback, neurofeedback, Reiki, etc.).
To learn more or to apply, click here.
Institute for Mind Body Therapy Seeking Intern or Volunteer
The Institute for Mind Body Therapy has locations in Austin, TX, San Antonio, TX, Philadelphia, PA, and Los Angeles, CA. They are currently seeking an intern or volunteer to manage their social media platforms. The position also allows for an opportunity to work closely with therapists and body work practitioners. For more information or to apply, contact Dr. Susan Kaye.
CPO Wanted for Callen-Lorde Community Health Center
Callen-Lorde is a NYC-based organization which promotes the health and wellness of LGBTQ people and communities, and is continuously works to pioneer research, advocacy, and education. Well beyond providing high-quality, culturally competent healthcare, Callen-Lorde serves as a center of excellence to train the future leaders in LGBT health while blazing new trails through research and other strategic partnerships.
Ideally, candidates should be personally and professionally equipped to lead in an environment which represents and celebrates diverse and intersectional identities. This person will also likely share one or more identities with the people and communities that Callen-Lorde serves: gay, lesbian, bisexual, people of color, and/or trans/nonbinary people.
Anyone interested in this position can view this PDF for more information!
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicago-Based Group Practice Seeks New Addition to Their Strong Team
Practical Audacity is a gender and sex therapy group practice operating out of Chicago, Illinois. This certified therapy organization boasts trauma-informed clinicians who are dedicated to helping folx uncover who they are, and become more confident living in their own skin.
This team of professionals is now seeking a new clinician to add to the family! The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience post-licensure, and strong clinical skills in working with transgender/non-binary clients. Other requirements include training and experience working with people of color, and at least some knowledge of sex therapy.
If this position interests you, click here for further information, and to apply!
Widener Reads Seeking Undergrad & Grad Tutors
Widener Reads is a tutoring program available to both graduate students and undergraduate students who are work-study eligible. To apply, navigate to the Handshake website, or email Emily Falcone at email@example.com. Be sure to also complete the Availability Form.doc to indicate your open hours.
Part-Time Psychotherapy Opening at South Jersey
The Center for Intimate Relationships, LLC is seeking a LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Ph.D candidate. The current available position is part-time, includes approximately 15 hours/week (2 evenings and/or weekends plus daytime hours available) with potential to grow.
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy or Counseling
- Full clinical licensure to practice in the state of New Jersey
- 2-year minimum of clinical experience working with individuals, couples, groups
- Experience in sex therapy or a strong desire to learn
- A demonstrated comfort in discussing sex and sex-related topics
- An ability to be compassionate, empathetic, and maintain healthy boundaries with clients
Technical and administrative skills must include:
- Computer literate, able to use online records management system
- Comfort meeting clients over the phone, in-person, through email or via teleconference
- Timely maintenance of all client records
- Strong writing skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must not be contracted with any health insurance provider
- Must provide your own liability insurance
- Applicants may not have their own private practice
If you are ready to step out of the ordinary and join a growing, innovative team, please submit your cover letter and resume to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transitions Delaware LLC Seeking Licensed Clinicians
This group practice based in Wilmington, Delaware has open positions for both part-time and/or full-time licensed clinicians. Requirements include full licensure with a minimum of 2 years post independent licensure experience and a registration with CAQH. Candidates should also be paneled with insurance companies, willing to work at least 15 hours a week, and have proficiency in LGBTQ+. Compensation is percentage based on sessions per week, income received and paid out monthly, and having a niche or niches (children, couples, trauma, EMDR, family, etc.) is welcomed.
Anyone with interest in this job offer should send their cover letter and CV to TransitionsDE@gmail.com.
Young Men’s Health Project Looking to Hire a Prevention Coordinator
CAMBA’s Young Men’s//LGBTQ Health Project (YMHP) focuses on serving the population of men who have sex with men. As the Prevention Coordinator for YMHP, responsibilities will include facilitating prevention activities, connecting YMSM and transgender individuals to HIV/STI/Hep C testing services, facilitating evidence-based interventions (EBIs), and much more.
Candidates for this position will require a Bachelor’s degree, two years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Candidates should also have an understanding of and ability to reach out to young Black and Latino MSM in Brooklyn, have knowledge of Combination Prevention Education, and be available to work some evening and weekend hours.
F/T Training and Technical Assistance Manager Needed at Answer
Answer is seeking a full-time training and technical assistance manager for 37.5 hours of work a week. In this position, the employee will be required to oversee existing projects and create new ones that support the organization’s vision, executing and managing on-going technical assistance contracts, creating high-school level lesson plans for each edition of the Sex, etc. magazine, and other duties.
Candidates require a minimum of 4 years’ experience in training adults and teens in sexuality education. Candidates also must have solid knowledge of Microsoft Office’s program, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet skills, and the ability to learn a variety of social media platforms.
To apply, follow this link.
Delaware County Community College Hiring Diversity Officer
Delaware County Community College, located in the heart of Delaware County, is looking for a higher motivated Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO). This employee will provide vision and leadership in promoting an institutional culture that values and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion at Delaware County Community College.
The responsibilities of the CDIO will include working with relevant stakeholders to develop/implement effective diversity policies/practices including, but will not be limited to, practices that will result in the increased recruitment, retention, and advancement of diverse faculty, staff, and students.
To learn more about the position, follow this link!
Planned Parenthood Seeking New VP of Equity and Management
For more info, click here!
Choices Now Hiring Psychotherapist/Family Therapist
CHOP’s New Gender Clinic Seeks an Assessor
The Family Services Specialist provides professional services to CHOP Network staff, patients and families, which facilitates the integration of distinct patient and family population needs to ensure the ideal patient and family experience can occur. These core services include assessing patient’s and families’ needs in support of healthy gender and sexuality development; assessing training processes to address these needs; develop/ implement training and staff consultation to increase best practices throughout the network, and evaluate training based on quality metrics. The Family Care Specialist will collaborate with many disciplines, programs, departments and organizations in the accomplishment of these duties.
- Provides skilled assessment of patient’s and families’ needs in support of healthy gender and sexuality development, assessing training processes to address these needs, develop/ implement training and staff consultation to increase best practices throughout the network and evaluate training based on quality metrics. Evaluates the effectiveness of professional services and adjusts/redefines goals and modalities as indicated.
- Shares information re: patient/family situation internally and externally as appropriate in accordance with applicable confidentiality guidelines and relevant law. Adheres to medical-legal reporting requirements.
- Organizes workload and sets priorities based on identified training and consultation needs
- Completes documentation in a timely manner that is legible, clear and organized according to department, hospital and legal standards.
- Provides leadership in identifying barriers to effective service delivery or problems in work assignments. Actively contributes in initiatives that improve service delivery through department, hospital or community based committees.
- Recognizes professional strengths and areas for growth and is accountable for development and enhancement of professional practice skills
For more information on the position and how to apply click here.
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England Seeking to Fill Leadership Roles on Education & Training Team!
PPSNE strives to serve the communities in Connecticut and Rhode Island by “developing and expanding sexual and reproductive health educational programming that advances our mission, reflects our social justice values, and realizes our strategic objectives”. At present, PPSNE is has two positions open, both of which are described in detail below.
- Senior Director, Education & Training: In support of Planned Parenthood of Southern New England’s mission, the Senior Director, Education & Training (SD, E&T), is responsible for PPSNE’s strategy and operations for community based learning programs, including the development and/or implementation of scalable comprehensive sexual health education programs for delivery across Connecticut and Rhode Island and nationwide. Sexual health education includes, but is not limited to, sex education and programs that improve sexual health, youth development programs, maternal health programs, parent focused programs, and training in other functions (e.g., medical interpreter training) that dismantle societal shame and stigma around sex and sexuality, advance health equity, and are affirming to all people. This position is part of an integrated external affairs team that includes advocacy, government affairs, fundraising, community engagement, communications, media, and marketing. The SD, E&T will report directly to the Chief External Affairs Officer and will partner with other external affairs team leaders to ensure synergies among the work of the teams in support of our mission and in support of building deep and cohesive relationships with our supporters and constituents. See full job posting at https://jobs.lever.co/ppsne/b8077f23-59f5-4c62-95f9-cf9bd446780d
- Regional Manager, Education & Training: Planned Parenthood of Southern New England has an opening for a full time (37.5 hours) Regional Manager for our Education and Training Department. This position supervises and provides coaching and mentoring to Education & Training staff in order to implement high quality learning events related to sexuality/sexual health to professional audiences and community based groups. The Regional Manager position can be based in either New Haven, CT or Hartford, CT. See full job posting at https://jobs.lever.co/ppsne/54b958a9-d585-402e-8e51-aa293d56f372
Licensed Professional Needed for Columbia Gender Identity Program
A new position is open at the Columbia Gender Identity Program for a licensed clinical psychologist or clinical social worker.
- Candidate(s) will conduct intake evaluations/diagnostic assessments of patients with psychiatric disorders and psychological distress. This includes evaluation of Gender Dysphoria and assessment of appropriate referral for affirming medical intervention to other CUIMC providers.
- Candidate(s) will provide group and individual psychotherapy.
- Candidate(s) will work closely with a clinical team, including other psychologists/social workers, psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse -practitioners.
- Candidate(s) will have opportunities to attend case conferences, peer supervision and Grand Rounds at CUIMC. Opportunities may exist for clinical supervision and teaching.
- PsyD or PhD in Clinical Psychology or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- NYS license required
- Instructor level requires graduation from an APA-accredited doctoral program in
- Clinical Psychology, and completion of an APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship program.
- Assistant Professor level requires 2-3 years clinical experience in a hospital or private practice setting.
To learn more, visit their site here.
If you or anyone you know is interested, please feel free to pass along the following contact information: email@example.com; 646-317-4347.
Chewning Research Fellowship Available
This position requires a candidate who is comfortable analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data, reviewing federal data and existing literature to better substantiate the findings, and creating visual aids to unpack the findings for a wide range of audiences.
The Chewning Research Fellow is designed for a minimum of 8 weeks and maximum of 10 weeks, beginning in mid-May/early June and concluding in early/mid- August. The position will be based in Philadelphia and will pay $20 hourly.
For more info, click here!
Einstein Healthcare Network’s PRIDE Program Hiring FT Outpatient Therapist
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Provision of outpatient mental health services to persons identifying as LGBTQ+ within Einstein’s Outpatient Behavioral Health Department Pride Clinic
- Consulting with other health professionals working with persons receiving services in Einstein Healthcare Network’s PRIDE Program.
- Clinical Supervision and ongoing teaching of social work students.
- Conduct adult and/or child/adolescent evaluations
- Conduct adult and/or child/adolescent psychotherapy
- Attendance at staff meetings, treatment team meetings and case conference
- Completion of all necessary documentation according to department policy.
If you possess the following, please apply:
- Current license Pennsylvania required.
- This position requires significant experience providing mental health care to LGBTQ+ identified people.
- Minimum two years of experience and interest in working with psychiatric patients with primary mental health disorders, personality disorders, and especially those with Complex PTSD.
- It is preferred that applicant is currently credentialed with the following insurance panels: Medicare, Magellan and AETNA.
- The ability to work some late afternoon/early evening hours required.
- A willingness to become a member of a collegial and supportive team required.
- Minority applicants, Persons of color and LGBTQ+ identified clinicians strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send an email to ParkerLi@Einstein.edu
University of Minnesota Seeks Applicants for FT Assistant Professor
The Program in Human Sexuality in the Department of Family Medicine and Community Health at the University of Minnesota Medical School invites applications for a full-time clinical faculty (non-tenure track). Applicants should have training and experience in treating a variety of sexual and gender concerns and a record of accomplishment of scholarly activity pertaining to sexual and gender health. The candidate would have a Ph.D or equivalent in psychology or marriage and family therapy and be eligible for appropriate licensure in Minnesota.
The position primarily entails provision of therapy for sexual and gender-related issues and the opportunity to conduct scholarly work, and provide education and supervision of postdoctoral fellows. The ideal candidate would also have experience in providing clinical services across the life span including children & adolescents.
The Program in Human Sexuality provides a unique setting for clinical practice combined with scholarly activity. We are a vibrant interdisciplinary faculty of sexuality and gender researchers and clinical scholars who have an interest in the broad range of human sexuality, including sexual dysfunction and disorders, transgender issues (including gender diverse children and adolescents), child and adolescent gender and sexual issues, compulsive sexual behavior (including the unique issues facing partners), sexual violence, sexual health education and HIV prevention. The Center for Sexual Health, within the Program in Human Sexuality, provides psychotherapy, psychiatric, and some medical services to patients with numerous sexual and gender issues.
For more information, and to apply, send cover letter, CV, and three letters of reference here.
For inquiries, contact Eli Coleman, Ph.D, Professor at 612-625-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: June 1, 2019.
Tulane Violence Prevention Institute (VPI) Seeks a Program Manager
The Program Manager for the Tulane Violence Prevention Institute (VPI) will be responsible for the coordination and integration of all current Tulane faculty working on violence-related projects across a broad spectrum of disciplines and interests including prevention, intervention, surveillance, treatment, criminal justice, and the impact on families/children. The incumbent will be responsible for outreach regarding violence prevention activities at Tulane; development and maintenance of digital platforms including website, listservs, newsletter, and social media presence; enhanced learning opportunities related to violence prevention; coordination across schools and departments for training and/or seminars in violence prevention; coordination of and assistance with grant-writing and fundraising activities, hosting / co-sponsoring internal and external events; assistance with report and/or manuscript development; and tracking and overseeing the VPI budget.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required with at least 2 years related field, research, project, or program management experience or High School Diploma/Equivalent and 8 years’ related field, research, project, or program management experience
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent oral, written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong abilities to network and work effectively with diverse skill sets and personalities.
- Strong organizational skills and the capacity to coordinate and oversee multiple program activities and staff members.
- Strong computer, web, and social media skills
- Strong time management skills, ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- Grant writing and grant administration skills and/or experience
- Report and manuscript development skills
- Community-based experience
- Masters degree in public health or related field
To apply, contact Alex Lopez-Hempen at email@example.com.
Assistant Program Coordinator Needed for School District of Philadelphia
The School District of Philadelphia is seeking an Assistant Program Coordinator to help manage the HIV/STD prevention program funded by a CDC grant. This position will require the employee to – among other things – participate in program planning and development, monitor program operations, and maintain contact with external agencies.
Contact the PASH (Promoting Adolescent Student Health) Program Manager, Brittany Broaddus-Smith, with any questions by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at this number: 215-400-6155.
The closing date to apply for this position is January 31st.
For further information, and to apply, follow this link.
Rivka Sidorsky, LLC Looking to Hire a Sex Therapist
– Part-time evening position as an independent contractor (1099)
– Must be available to work 1-2 evenings per week
– Provide individual and couples therapy
– Job provides opportunity for training in working with pelvic pain disorders, arousal and libido issues, orgasmic concerns, relationship concerns, intimacy problems, etc.
– Complete all documentation for their own clients of the practice in a timely manner
– Complete weekly invoices
– Must possess a MD license in one of the counseling professions (clinical social worker, psychologist, marriage and family therapist, etc or the equivalent licensure). LG or LC applications will be considered.
– Must hold or be willing to purchase liability insurance for themselves with limits of at least 2,000,000 and 4,000,000.
– Candidate must have interest in working with clientele of this practice.
– This position does not require experience or training in sex therapy, but it is preferred.
Click herefor more information about the practice.
If you are interested and meet these requirements, please email a resume and cover letter to Rivka@rivkasidorsky.com
SHIFT NC Looking to Hire a Training Coordinator
Tutors Needed for Widener Reads Program
Widener Reads is an organization of undergraduate and graduate students at Widener University working as math and reading tutors for elementary students in local schools. A federal work-study program, Widener Reads only offers positions to students who are work study eligible. Payment is $12 an hour and application for a position can be completed on Handshake. For answers to any further questions, email Emily Falcone at email@example.com.
CHOP Offers Four New Student Positions for Health Coaching Project
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is looking for students to fill four open positions in the pilot of a health coaching project. The Health Coaching for Contraceptive Continuation (HC3) is intended to increase the rates of contraception continuation among adolescent women. These positions will require students to transcribe the health coaching sessions, code those sessions for content and key themes, and take part in regular meetings with the research team. This is an unpaid position which is also not work study eligible. For more information, click hereto view the document.
North Carolina State University Aims to Hire New Assistant Professor
NCSU is looking to hire a tenure-track Assistant Professor for its fall 2019 offering of Applied Social and Community Psychology Ph.D. Candidates who focus on “health disparities and/or implementation science with a foundation of training in social, community, or health psychology” are especially encouraged to apply. Qualifications include “a strong record of research productivity, the potential to develop an independent, externally-funded research program, and a commitment to teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels”. Application reviews will begin October 15th.
Further information can be found here.
Contact Jeni Burnette at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Philly Planned Parenthood Seeking 2 Full-Time Sexual Health Educators
Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania is seeking 2 individuals to join their sexual education team. The salary range is between $30,000 and $35,000 a year, and people of color, as well as bilingual folks, and LGBTQ+ folks are strongly encouraged to apply. Interviews have already been scheduled, so if you are interested, follow the linkfor more information to apply.
Palo Alto University Seeks an Assistant/Associate Professor in
LGBTQ Clinical Psychology
This position at PAU begins in the Fall of 2019 and boasts a competitive salary. Applications require a cover letter stating interests and fit, an up-to-date CV, 3 letters of recommendation, sample reprints or pre-prints of scholarly work, a statement of clinical supervision and mentoring philosophy related to the assessment and treatment of diverse LGBTQ populations and sample teaching evaluations. All applicants can follow thislink to apply online.
Kean University is Seeking a Women’s and Gender Studies Professor
Kean University is offering an Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies course and is looking for an adjunct professor to teach it. The course will take place in the Spring semester of 2019, and openings for this position are available on the New Jersey campus in Union, and hopefully, on Kean’s campus at Ocean County College. If interested, email a CV to email@example.com.
Chop is Seeking Student Research Assistants
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking several student research assistants to assist with different projects. More information can be found Here. The studies include
- Reducing Adolescent Contraceptive Discontinuation in the U.S. Using Health Coaching Pilot
- Global Health (U.S.-Based) Research Assistantships: Increasing continuation of birth control medication in adolescents with health counseling in the Dominican Republic
- Patient Experiences with IUD Insertion Study
- Parents Are TALKING Website
- Improving Pregnancy Prevention Among At-Risk and Medically Complicated Adolescents: A Quality Improvement Initiative
Communications and Health Promotion Strategist
The Oregon Health Authority, Public Health Division, Adolescent, Genetics and Reproductive Health in Portland, OR is recruiting for a public health professional experienced in health promotion, social marketing and outreach to fill the position of Communications and Health Promotion Strategist for the Reproductive Health Program. The Oregon Reproductive Health Program works with over 165 clinics throughout the state to offer free or low-cost reproductive health services and birth control for women, men, and teens who need them. This program seeks to reduce unintended pregnancy in Oregon by providing access to the information, services and resources necessary to ensure that all pregnancies are healthy, well-timed and intended.
CHSS is Seeking Two Adjunct Professors to Teach Sexuality Education Methods Courses in Fall 2018
The courses are HSED 625: Methods in Sexuality Education I and HSED 626: Methods in Sexuality Education II. Qualified candidates must have a Master’s or Doctoral degree and have 3-5 years of experience in sexuality education, including experience with teaching education methods or training of trainers. More information can be found here.
Harvard University – Health Education Specialist
Partnered with the Office of Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (OSAPR), Harvard University is seeking someone with experience to fill the position of Education Specialist.
theVillage – Child & Adolescent Therapist
theVillage has a job openingin their Southwest Philly location for qualified candidates who can work 24 to 40 hours weekly.
Center for Growth / Sex Therapy – Full Time Positions
The Center for Growth / Sex Therapy in Philadelphia is seeking candidates to fill the positions of full-time psychologist, mental health counselor, marriage and family therapist, and social worker. Qualified candidates must be licensed or working towards licensure, hold a Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology, or related field, OR hold a Master’s degree in a clinical discipline such as clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work, or marriage and family therapy. These positions allow employees to charge clients between $22 and $50 in service fees.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org