New Students Start Here!

Whether you are new to Widener University, or new to Student Accessibility Services, welcome!  

Here you can find all the information you need to understand the accommodations process here at Widener University for students with disabilities.

Just getting started? The process to request accommodation is three steps.

  1.  Student completes and submits the appropriate request form (links below) to let us know what accommodations they would like to request.
  2. Student submits documentation from either their treatment provider or evaluation provider (we need a few details but those can be found in the guide linked below).
  3. Student meets with a member of the Student Accessibility Services office to review their request and how accommodations will work if approved.

It is important to know that it can take a few weeks to complete this process depending on the volume of need in our office. Make sure to give yourself enough time to have accommodations in place before you need them in class! 

Ready to start? These links can help: 

Request for Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Request for Housing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities

Request for an Emotional Support Animal for Students with Disabilities

Frequently Asked Questions: A Guide to Supporting Documentation

In high school or new to college? Important information can be found below:

Frequently Asked Questions: What IEP’s or 504 Plans Mean for College

Differences Between High School Accommodations and Higher Education Accommodations

Want information on other Widener resources? Find some of our other support services below:

Tutoring Services*– Schedule time to meet 1:1 with a tutor who has taken your course, or find walk in sessions for some of those challenging science courses.

Academic Coaching*-Meet weekly or bi-weekly with an administrator from Student Success on skills like time management, navigating college, and preparing for exams.

Math Center*-No need for appointments! Our math center is open with tutors on stand-by for your math questions. Hours posted on the link!

Writing Center – Schedule a time to review any writing assignment with an English professor!

Counseling and Psychological Services – Meet with a qualified mental health professional around any issue. You can also attend one of their many events or affinity groups!

Student Health Services – Available for students seeking medical guidance on issues around wellness, illness or injury.

Career Design and Development – Connect with your Career Counselor Liaison for support with cover letter and resume writing, interview prep and job searching!

Financial Aid Office – Ask any questions you have about your financial aid and tuition, and stay updated on financial aid

*These services are reserved for full-time undergraduate students – although other academic programs may also have similar services. Check with your program’s Dean or Director for information on what student supports are available.