The Student Health Services staff appreciates the opportunity to provide primary health care and information to your student while they are pursuing their college education at Widener University. By visiting our website, you will see the various services and resources available to your student. We hope that by being aware of the services offered, you will encourage your student to use us when needed!
Our department is staffed by experienced, caring health care providers. All providers come with national certifications in their area of specialty.
Although Student Health Services provides many services to your student, health insurance is still needed to cover services beyond those offered on campus. The University requires that all students provide proof of personal health insurance on an annual basis. If a student requires insurance, the University offers a reasonably priced health insurance plan.
We look forward to serving your student. Stop by and visit us at Student Health Services, located on Metropolitan Lane.
Information to Know
- Student Health Services (SHS) is open 5 days a week. Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- If your student is feeling ill or is injured while at college, they should call SHS for an appointment. If your son/daughter has any questions about health, lifestyle, diet, or is feeling “stressed out,” our professional staff is available for them. We are ready to answer questions, examine/test, counsel, and refer them when necessary.
- SHS is staffed by nationally certified nurse practitioner(s), a part-time medical physician, and nurse(s) experienced in college health care.
- Please note a NO SHOW fee will be applied to your student’s account if appointments are not kept or cancelled in advance.
- Students who are over the age of 18 are considered emancipated minors in the State of Pennsylvania. The professional staff is not able to disclose a diagnosis/treatment plan without the student’s written or verbal authorization.
- If urgent/emergency medical care is required when SHS is closed, students are instructed to call Campus Safety at ext. 4200 or 911. SHS does not have on-call and is not open on the weekends.
- It is very important for students to understand their health insurance plan. We recommend each student have a copy of their insurance card in their wallet. Find out in advance if a referral is required for labs, x-rays, or specialist care.
- If your student is on prescription medication, they should bring a minimum of a month’s supply with refills to school.
- Prescription drugs can be kept in the student’s room. We recommend transferring prescriptions for medication to one of the local pharmacies.
|Walgreens||4098 Edgmont Ave, Brookhaven PA 19015||610-876-8815||610-876-8868|
|Walmart Pharmacy||1570 Chester Pike, Eddystone, PA 19022||610-447-1871||610-447-1873|
|ShopRite Pharmacy||1568 Chester Pike, Eddystone, PA 19022||610-490-1200||610-447-0362|
|CVS Pharmacy||1306 MacDade Blvd., Woodlyn, PA 19094||610-521-7011||610-521-7941|