Medical and Nursing Services
- Evaluation and treatment of acute/chronic illnesses and injury
- Dispensing of medication, if indicated
- Immunizations, tuberculosis screening, and flu shots
- Laboratory tests
- Routine gynecological health care examinations, pap smears, STI screenings with evaluation and treatment (if indicated), birth control starts/checks including IUD insertion and removal, and emergency contraceptive pill.
- Referrals to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and Student Accessibility Services as needed
- Annual athletic preseason screening physicals provided for all returning student athletes prior to the first practice
- First aid supplies, crutches, hot/cold packs
- Wound care, staple/suture removal
There is no charge to students for basic medical services provided by university personnel in the Student Health Center. There are charges for prescription medication, lab tests, immunizations/injections, women’s health visits, and specific medical equipment.
There are two methods of payment: cash/check or direct billing to the student’s account. Student Health Services does not directly bill third-party insurance companies but upon request will provide required documentation for students, parents, or guardians to submit charges for reimbursement. Beginning Fall 2021 Student Health Services may submit a student’s health insurance to LabCorp for billing and reimbursement if applicable. Services performed outside the Health Center are the financial responsibility of the student.
No student will be refused care due to an inability to pay at time of care.
Please call Student Health Services at 610-499-1183 for a list of our services and prices.