Career Design and Development for Alumni
You’re always part of the pride – and this includes access to career guidance after graduation.
Whether you’re looking to review effective job search strategies, craft an updated resume, or make a strategic career transition, the Office of Career Design and Development is here to help.
As an alumnus, you are invited to attend all events hosted by Career Design and Development including professional skills workshops, employer information sessions, and career fairs.
In addition, all online resources may be accessed 24/7 on this website.
For alumni who have graduated within 24 months, Career Design and Development offers the same access to services as for current students. These services include individual in-person or telephone/Zoom appointments with a career counselor and access to Handshake, Widener’s online job site.
For alumni who have graduated more than 24 months ago, Career Design and Development offers up to two 1-hour in-person or telephone/Zoom consultations. In addition to resume and cover letter reviews, we can provide guidance on LinkedIn and other career connection platforms.
If you don’t have a Handshake account, please contact Career Design and Development at email@example.com for assistance with activating your account.
Mentor Current Students
We take pride in connecting interested alumni with current students to offer wisdom and experience. You may:
- Widener University launched WidenerCONNECT an exclusive online professional networking and mentorship community for Widener students and alumni. Join today!
- Complete our Alumni Interest in Connecting with Students form.
- Participate in an alumni employer panel or mock interview day. Each semester office hosts mock interview opportunities for students and we invite our employer partners and alumni to act as mock interviewers. Mock Madness is a great way to speak with students about your organization and connect with Widener students. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating as a mock interviewer.
- Join the Widener Works job shadowing program. More information can be found here.
- Hire a Widener student or have your company or organization become a co-op partner. More information can be found here.
- Visit the Employer Partnerships page for details.