Important Phone Numbers and Links
- https://wumail.widener.edu – Office 365 / Email
- https://dux.widener.edu – Colleague
- https://my.widener.edu – myWidener
- https://widener.instructure.com/– Canvas
- http://sites.widener.edu/itsnews/– ITS Blog
- https://sites.widener.edu/service-catalog/ – ITS Service Catalog
- http://quickticket.widener.edu – ITS Client Experience Office Quick Ticket
- https://pss.widener.edu/ – Password Self-Service
- https://widener.omnilert.net/subscriber.php – Widener Alerts
- https://commonwealthlaw.widener.edu/ – Commonwealth Law
- Client Experience Office – LIC 213
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Phone– 717-541-1927 (24×7)
- E-mail: email@example.com
Widener University Account Information
- You will be provided your Widener ID Number
- Once your Widener account has been created, you will receive notice from Information Technology Services. This message will contain instructions on how to activate your Widener account.
- You may receive your Widener ID Number well before your Widener account has been created.
- If your personal email address has changed, you should contact the Human Resources Office
immediately to change it.
- You should also “whitelist” widener.edu for your email account.
- If you have any problems or questions please call the Client Experience Office at 717-541-1927 for assistance.
- Your Widener ID number can also be found on your ID card.
- Your Widener user name is the name part of your Widener email address.
- Note that your Widener account will be deactivated if you leave the University
Widener University enforces Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) as an added layer of security. MFA is used when accessing University resources from off-campus. When you sign into Office 365/WUMail from an off-campus computer you will be prompted to configure MFA for your account.
The University uses myWidener, which is a Web-based community and information portal. You’ll get your e-mail, keep your calendars, and find out about upcoming events. You’ll also have access to Employee Self Service where you can enter your hours worked, view your leave balance, and update tax information among other things.
myWidener can be accessed through the Law School home page (http://commonwealthlaw.widener.edu) by clicking on myWidener at the bottom of the web page or by going directly to https://my.widener.edu.
Information on using myWidener can be found at http://itsnews.widener.edu/2019/03/12/mywidener-faq/.
Microsoft Office 365 Access
- Open a Web browser and go to https://wumail.widener.edu.
- Type your Widener user ID (jdoe) and your password.
- The first time you login you will be prompted to select the time zone.
- Outlook will open on the screen.
Microsoft Office Download for Home Use
Microsoft Office 365 is available to students and employees by logging into WUMail. Instructions on how to download can be found by going to the ITS Blog at http://sites.widener.edu/itsnews/ and searching for Microsoft Office 365. You may install Office 365 on up to five devices. Note that use of Office 365 will end once your Widener account is deactivated.
Microsoft Teams is a “chat” application that may be used to communicate with other staff and faculty. Teams also has a video chat feature and the ability to share your computer’s desktop.
- Login to Office 365.
- Click the App Launcher icon at the top left.
- Click Teams.
- Teams will open.
Microsoft Teams App
For better performance, please download the Teams App.
- Click the Download desktop app icon at the bottom of the left-hand column.
- The App will install.
- Type your complete Widener email address (firstname.lastname@example.org); click Sign in.
- Type your password; click Sign in.
Wireless Internet access is currently available in all areas of the Library Building, Side Bar, and the Administration Building.
Instructions for accessing the WU-SECURE wireless network can be found by signing into your myWidener portal and searching for “wireless.” If you need any assistance, please come to the Client Experience Office located on the second floor of the Library Building.
Widener Service Catalog
A list and descriptions of service provided by Information Technology Services can be found at https://sites.widener.edu/service-catalog/.
Widener University Alert System
Register to receive closing, weather and other alerts at https://widener.omnilert.net/subscriber.php.
Personal Computer Recommendations
ITS does not have specific hardware or software recommendations concerning computers. Normally, most computers purchased in the last 2-3 years meet minimum specifications. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for specific requirements for Examplify. Widener’s purchasing discounts are extended to students. For information regarding what discounts are available go to https://sites.widener.edu/service-catalog/ and choose a link for “Discounts and Free Offers”.
The Office 365 suite and LinkedIn.com are available for FREE for all Widener faculty, staff, and students.
West Law and LexisNexis
If you have questions about or need account information for Westlaw or LexisNexis please contact the Reference Librarians in the Legal Information Center.
ITS provides all students and employees with access to LinkedIn Learning which has courses on Microsoft Office applications as well as dozens of other topics. A link can be found under All Apps when you login to WUMail. Use your Widener University ID and password to register.
Off-Campus Access with VPN
Applications such as Colleague and Informer require access from a Widener IP address. When off-campus you normally will have an IP address from your wireless provider. If your position requires off-Campus access, please contact Client Experience at email@example.com.
Canvas, Zoom, and Classroom Assistance
Support for Canvas and Zoom is provided by the Client Experience Team. Brian Fearnbaugh is the primary contact for Canvas and Zoom support. If you require assistance in the classroom please contact Brian or Jon Poor.
Classrooms are configured to support instructional activities. There are network and projector connections available for laptop use through the podium. ITS asks that you do not unplug or move equipment. This is very important as disruptions to scheduled classes may result. If you need to move the podium in A180, please contact Brian Fearnbaugh for assistance.