ITS and Purchasing will be working closely to ensure that all requests are handled in the appropriate fashion as quickly as possible. However, please be aware that sending requisitions to Purchasing may result in a delay in the processing of your request.
All technology purchases are processed by ITS for the following reasons:
- To insure the most competitive pricing for all hardware, software and support purchases.
- To provide the best customer service and technical support for all university hardware and software.
- To oversee warranty maintenance, repairs and facilitate replacements for defective/damaged equipment.
Type of Purchases
- Individual Workstations
- Dell and Apple are the standard computers across all campuses.
- Infrastructure Hardware
- Application servers, file servers, network hardware or appliances.
- Other Computer Accessories
- Any printers, monitors, scanners, or other computer peripherals
- Productivity applications, all desktop software, lab/classroom software. (Widener has negotiated contracts with multiple software vendors.)
- Any contracts for IT hardware, software, consulting or similar IT contractual services.
Start the Process
Call or email the ITS Purchasing Coordinator to request a quote. Provide detailed information for your quote request.
A quote will be generated and emailed for the technology purchase. The average turn around time is 48 to 72 hours. If the employee needs additional information or a revised quote, the Purchasing Coordinator will take the necessary steps to continue sourcing for the individual or department.
If the decision is made to move forward with the purchase a Purchase Requisition form will then need to be completed.
Completing the Paperwork
- Originate a Purchase Requisition(PR)
- The Purchase Requisition Form must include the Fund and Organization number of the budget to which the purchase will be charged. It must also be signed by the Fund Manager of that budget.
- Use the Vendor that was listed in the quote and leave the Ship To: section blank.
- Send the completed PR to Linda Peifer (ITS – ACN 2nd Floor).