Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is a security measure that Widener University is implementing in Microsoft 365 to help protect personal, university and student data from being compromised.
Similar to security codes that you may receive when logging into your financial & personal accounts, you will receive a text message, call to your phone, or confirmation request through the Microsoft Authenticator app that is installed on your phone. When you log into your Microsoft 365 account, you will be prompted for an MFA action depending on the device setup that you choose below.
Setup your Phone for MFA
• Frequently Asked Questions- FAQs
• iPhone App Setup (recommended)
• Android App Setup (recommended)
• Text Verification Non-App Setup
(Can be used by Flip Phones, iPhones, or Android.)
• "Call Me" Non-App Setup (No Mobile Phone )
• Where do I modify my MFA authentication settings?